A Boy Like You
Story by Frank Murphy | Pictures by Kayla Harren
Published in 2019 by Sleeping Bear Press
I don’t know how I could possibly love this book more! It’s a fantastic celebration of what it truly means to be a boy.
You won’t find any stereotypes here! Instead of focusing on sports, brute strength, or keeping a stiff upper lip, this book concentrates on the ways every boy is unique. Attention is given to being brave, dreaming big, and having good manners.
As the mom of two sons, I so appreciate the message this book delivers. And Kayla Harren’s illustrations are swoon-worthy!
While this book is obviously about boys, the same message works for girls. These conversation starters should work whether asking a boy or a girl.
- God only ever made one of you! You are the only you in the whole world! Amazing! What are some of the ways God has made you unique?
- What are some of the things you are curious about?
- What are some ways you are brave?
- What are some of your big dreams?
- When was the last time you were thoughtful? What did you do?
- Brainstorm together to think of a way to be thoughtful to someone who could use some kindness. Come up with a great idea and GO DO IT!
This is an affiliate link. That means that if you purchase this through this link, Faith-Filled Kids will receive a tiny commission. This does not affect your price at all. Thank you for supporting Faith-Filled Kids!
© 2019 by Faith-Filled Kids, LLC Do not copy or share without permission. All rights reserved.