Hi! I’m Tracie.
My hope is that Faith-Filled Kids will be a place where you can find encouragement and resources to help you as you raise your kids to love Jesus. I believe that small seeds of faith planted today can, with God’s help, grow into big faith for tomorrow.
A few things about me:
- I don’t believe you can own too many books. My husband believes differently. We’re making it work.
- I’ve been married to David since 1995. He’s an “outdoorsy” kind of guy. Also an architect. He’s the kindest person I’ve ever known. I married up.
- We have two nearly-grown sons. They are smart and handsome and delightful. I love their guts.
- I’m what you would call “indoorsy.” To help people (my husband) better understand my relationship with nature, I bought a clarifying shirt.
- The South, where sweet tea and the Crimson Tide reign supreme, is my home. War Eagle.
- I went back to school a few years ago and earned an M.A. in Children’s and Family Ministry from Bethel Seminary. Learned a lot about God, faith, theology, myself, and what it feels like to write academic papers in your 40s.
- I enjoy writing. Some of my work can be found here and here. Also here. I have a blog I write on now and then.
- I love speaking. I’ve presented breakout sessions for INCM’s Children’s Pastors Conference and for the National Center for Biblical Parenting and have spoken at church services (a.k.a. preached) and various retreats.
- I believe that children are simply some of the best people on the entire planet. I bet you do, too.